Friday, March 29, 2013

Instagram Love


Instagram is kind of a big deal for me, it's sort of like my memory keeper! I'm a sentimental dork! I'm all about treasuring moments! I love to have fun and snap pictures as often as possible with my iPhone 4. I can look back at the picture of my hot tea or the picture of my dinner and relive that special moment. That road trip with my love, or that evening walk we took, takes me back and puts a smile on my face. I don't think it's silly to take pictures of my shoes or my dresses :) A little dorky? Well suit yourself! ;)! Most of my pictures on this blog come from Instagram.  (I know, I need to get out my Canon more often! iPhone is just so much more convenient and easily accessible!) I love having all my photos on my iPhone and on my computer, but I also love to print out photos!  This is where Instagram canvas comes in.  I wanted to display memories in our home.  I visited this lovely site, and ordered 3x3 prints. I was so giddy when my photos arrived!  I also bought two 12x12 canvases from Michaels. First I arranged Instagrams to my liking, and when I was happy with the layout, I used Mod Podge to adhere all the lovely prints to the canvases and sealed with an extra coat of glossy Mod Podge.  (I had glossy on hand, but matte finish works as well!)  I worked on the canvases late in the evening, so I left them to dry overnight. In the morning I was smitten with the results! :) It was an easy yet super fun project!  The possibilities are endless! What do you think? Even if you don't have Instagram, I encourage you to print out your pictures from your camera!  Do you love to display your captured moments around your home?! Thanks for reading and happy, happy Friday! xo, m.
P.S.  Today is a very busy Friday for me!  I squeezed in this post because I know I won't be able to blog for a little while.  Hubs and I are taking a short trip with some of our friends.  We are waking up super early tomorrow morning and leaving for a week! Have no fear -- O will take over the blog! She has some amazing projects to share with you, so PLEASE check back in to admire her talent, and get inspired!!!  :)  I hope to blog about our little adventures as soon as we get back!  

Too many pretties to choose from!  I couldn't decide!








That's why I had to make TWO canvases!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Your cork collection is so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're too kind! Thanks for reading :) -M

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful. I love this idea.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am so glad you like it! :) -M

      Delete

Sweet Comments