Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Rustic Necklace Holder

Ever had your necklaces tangled up?! I did... not so fun, especially if you're anything like me and only have ten minutes to get ready, which includes blow drying your hair. How about a tree branch to display all your pretties and have a hassle free time getting ready?! If you like, like trees, branches and anything rustic... ;)) It's no secret O and I are huge fans of rustic decor... If you haven't noticed from some of our previous posts! ;)

Hubby was the one that would sit and untangle my twisted necklaces (he is way more patient than me)...
One evening I  had a light bulb moment!!!  An idea came to me to hang my necklaces on a tree branch.  I would hammer some nails, and I'd be set.... I told my mister the lovely idea, and he found an old branch laying in the woods while we were having tea at O's house. (My friend lives out in the country ya'll and I reckon she enjoys a Moonshine once in a while.)  I'm just picking on O, I love country a whole lot myself! :-) So my husband didn't waste any time looking for an answer to tangled problems. ;) He was also so kind to remove the bark and to smooth out the branch!  Due to this piece being super fragile, I couldn't hammer nails, instead we used small hooks.  Even though we had some stain left over from a previous fun project, I decided not to have the branch stained, wanted it to have the straight-out-of-the-woods feel.  Told ya, love me some country! ;) 


































My beautiful rustic necklace holder hangs right next to my closet!  What do you think of this idea?  Yay or nay?  Would you use a twig or a branch to display necklaces or hair accessories?  I now need something for my belts and scarves!  Next DIY project?  I have a lot of ideas for the near future, now just to find some time to work on them!  Any tips on time management? :) Life is busy, but good! As always, thank you for letting me share a little piece of my home it was fun!  xox, m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Comments